Nov 9, 16 Incidents 1.1
The first major Incidents update is here and includes a number of changes to improve usability and further streamline your minor incident and office referral workflows.
- The redesigned incident view delivers a simpler and more prominent display of incident details.
- User activity has been added to the bottom of the incident and action views.
- New print buttons make printing fast and easy.
- The app will now ask if you want to save your changes when closing the incident view.
- Administrators can now enable text message notifications for new referrals by clicking on the notifications button in the Inbox toolbar.
- If you close the incident view when composing a new incident, the app will offer to save a draft of the incident. Resume working on your incident by clicking the Compose button.
- Incident printing has been re-implemented around an offender-centered model, giving you the ability to print documents that include all assigned actions.
- Document templates now specify a primary action, which can be set to a specific action or the action with the longest duration. This approach supports both general purpose templates and action-specific templates (such as suspension letters).
- New document template codes give you the ability to include details of secondary actions, if assigned.
- New template settings enable finer control over who can print a given template.
- Improved interschool incident display
- Improved colors on low contrast displays
- Numerous bug fixes